Pages

Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Tic or not to tic...

There have been a lot of accounts people screaming out: "AHHH IT'S A TIC IT'S ON ME OH MY GOSH AHHHH". (I may have over dramatized that, but that's what all the complaining sounded like in my head.)

But not to worry, those bugs you think are tics aren't. And how did I know? Well, first off. Tics don't fly. These little bugs do. Second, tics bite, these bugs don't. Third, these little bugs have a snout, tics don't.

So clearly, it wasn't a tic. Why people even thought they were made the bug side of me very upset, but I well just suck it in for now.

But here's what a tic is:


Gross right? Yeah, gross.

This is the little bug that you unfairly thought were those horrible looking creatures above.


This is a billbug, it's a type of weevil. It's harmless, and all they are doing is looking for a mate.

Here's an article that goes into some more depth about the topic.

-Meghon

No comments:

Post a Comment