Pages

Sunday, July 6, 2014

Daddy Long Legs are Cannibals

So, long story short. I opened the container I keep my daddy long legs in, and I excepted the little one I caught a few days ago to be trying to escape like it always does, but this morning, it wasn't there. I peered inside a little bit more. (Hey, those things scare me just a little bit, k?) And I just saw my huge one, I looked in closer and then I saw it. The horror, the murder scene.

Just the legs of the littler daddy long leg...nothing was left of him.

Horrified, I poked the bigger one, and he started to move, that told me that yes, he was still alive and no, no other strange thing had eaten the other one.

This had happened a few days ago, with a even smaller one, but I didn't think about it until I saw that yet another one was dead.

On the bright side, I won't have to worry about catching tiny bugs for them to eat, I'll just find smaller daddy long legs for my bigger one to eat. Also, who knew that they are desperate creatures like us humans are, and will end up eating our own if that's all we have left to eat to survive.

No many things yet to discover about the bug world...

-Meghon


No comments:

Post a Comment